Social Media Marketing Goals
1. An essential part of your social media strategy is an understanding of what you want to use social media for:
- Brand awareness. Social media can help build brand-awareness.
- Brand loyalty. Networks help to create brand loyalty by creating a community.
- Research. Can be used for important research about products, customers, marketplace, competition as well as for understanding general customer climate.
- Social Networking. great for finding industry-specific and general contacts.
- Customer Service. Social media can be a very potent tool for customer service. You can quickly discover what people think about your brand and why and also answer any complaints in a timely fashion.
- Ideas. Using social media to get ideas from your customers for your business.
- Leads. Creating customer interest for lead generation.
2. Here is a list of popular ways to promote yourself through social media outlets:
- Twitter for micro-blogging
- Social networking
- Social bookmarking
- Social news
- Video sharing
- Opinion sites
3. Here are three important approaches to think about when implementing a social media strategy:
- Conversations. Get to meet new customers as well as building up loyalty with existing ones.
- Listening. Listening is about absorbing information and using the information to improve a product or service.
- Client-Facing: Creating a place online where you can? introduce yourself and create or link to valuable content.
See our social media marketing page.